Monday, January 21, 2013

Why blog?

11pm, dark, cool and quiet.

I am driving myself crazy with one track thinking... babies babies babies... I am honestly looking forward to being back at work partly for the distraction. This can't be normal!

So, why blog? A little bit of wanting to keep a record. A little bit of wanting to share the excitement (with who, I'm not sure!). A little bit of mental space to work things out. A little bit because in all the hundreds of other lesbian-mum blogs there are so few, it seems, who have known donors and who go the turkey baster way. (Why is that?) I love the IVF stories for what they teach me about patience and resilience, but I'd also love the gossip on other people's versions of handing over the sperm in our very own living room, and making a baby that will tangle up the four of us in such an enormous and unknowable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment